Physical development helps children to develop a greater degree of co-ordination, control and movement. They have lots of fun exploring different ways of movement, climbing over, under and around objects. We enjoy dancing to music and finding out how we can move our bodies to 'slither like a snake' or 'jump like a rabbit'. It is important that children learn to move and co-ordinate their bodies with confidence as this helps to promote their positive sense of wellbeing and good health.
- We offer opportunities for the children to discover how we can use our bodies in different ways to change things, i.e. lifting, pulling, pushing, exploring, Kinetic energy.
- The large garden provides the children with ample opportunity to move around freely.
- We help children develop fine motor skills, making marks using one-handed tools and manipulation activities which provide the foundation to writing, cutting and handling tools safely.
- Children are encouraged to develop independent self-care skills, recognise and participate in healthy practices including toilet training and sleep/rest routines.
- The older children take part in PE sessions where they learn to dress and undress independently at the start and conclusion of the session.